appel à contributions ISBE 2019.docx
Chairs: Professor Sylvie Sammut, University of Montpellier and Dr Nathalie Schieb Bienfait, University of Nantes
Over the years, the track has developed as a valuable and highly engaging forum for the dissemination of current research on wide ranging topics related to business support and how it relates to entrepreneurship, small business and innovation. The contemporary nature of the track is reflected in the research presented at the ISBE conference highlighting the changing nature and context of business support, the emergence of new actors and practices because of new needs.
In recent years, the track has become a platform for research and debate on evaluating business advice and support, exploring and understanding the emergence of new business support strategies, practices, new areas of supports, start-up hubs in different international contexts, as well as papers on industry-academia relationships and how they can be more successfully fostered to ensure effective policy for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
The diversity of the topics in the track is one of its strengths, and the papers in the track are of great interest to academics working in the arena of business support, as well as policy-makers and practitioners looking to learn from recent lessons of intervention.
Key areas include: https://isbe.org.uk/isbe-2019/tracks/business-support/
- Developments in business support policies and structures
- Intrapreneurship in start-up or high-growth
- Support for high-growth and start-ups
- Support in developing economies
- National and regional programs of business support
- Strategies of the ecosystem of business support
- Governance of national, regional or local business support
- Alternative way to deliver business support: mainstreaming versus specialist provision
- International comparisons of policies and business support
- Diversity of business supports : gender, researcher, student, farmer, artist, and so on
- Business support agencies : cooperation / competition
- Business support and firm performance
- Learning process, competences and Business Support
- Business support and networking
- Online Business support