Job offer for a Venture-capital oriented PhD
Institutions and Supervision
The selected Ph.D. student will be part of the “Finance for innovation” Chair in Audencia Business School, under the supervision of Professor Benjamin Le Pendeven. The candidate will also be affiliated to a public university doctoral school (to be decided afterwards).
The proposal focuses on Venture Capital. Some specific research questions are already decided and will be discussed between the potential candidates and the supervisors. The thesis seeks to analyze original and fascinating questions related to the consequences of Venture Capital.
The candidate may apply for funding request through a French public agency scholarship. Consequently, the acceptance for this position is conditional by the agreement by this agency and by the public university doctoral school.
Submission of applications until April 6th , 2023. Applications will be evaluated until the completion of the recruitment. The project and PhD contract is expected to start in October 2023.
- Application is open for candidates holding, or in the process of completing, a Master 2 diploma (or equivalent).
- The candidate must preferably have a relevant diploma in the fields of Management Science, Economics, Finance, Political Science, Public Policy, History, Applied Mathematics, Sociology and other related fields.
- A deep knowledge of Venture Capital and entrepreneurial finance is not mandatory, but is a plus.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods, e.g., STATA, R, Python.
- Previous experience in academic research would be considered as an advantage.
- Professional experience in entrepreneurial finance, in public agencies, start-ups and in the innovation financing ecosystem is greatly appreciated.
- Demonstrated ability of professional oral communication and academic writing skills in English. French is a strong plus but not mandatory.
- Applications are accepted by all candidates, regardless of gender and age.
- Considering the nationality criteria of the potential funding public agency, only candidates from the EU, UK and Swiss will be considered. Strongly motivated potential candidates from other countries can however contact the supervisor to think about PhD funding alternatives (solutions always exist for high-quality candidates).
Documents to be Submitted
Interested candidates must send their applications to Benjamin Le Pendeven (firstname.lastname@example.org), including the following documents following documents:
- Up-to-date CV
- Cover Letter
- Academic record for the 1st and 2nd years of the master’s degree
- Master Thesis
The applications will be examined until the fulfillment of the position, at the latest by April 6th , 2023.