Solent University Southampton is a dynamic university dedicated to academic excellence, social justice and the integration of theory and practice. With a strong track record of innovation and creativity, Solent University has grown to become a leading new university, with local roots and an international reputation.
Now, with a bold and ambitious strategy in place and a strong focus on applied research, this is an exciting time to join the University as we build on past achievements and grow our research and innovation portfolio across four main research domains:
• Business and Society
• Creative and Digital Industries
• Maritime, Technology and Environment
• Sport, Health and Wellbeing
The University is seeking to appoint up to 10 postdoctoral researchers. 8 postdoctoral researchers will join our Research, Innovation & Enterprise team, 1 postdoctoral researcher will join our School of Sport Health and Social Science, and 1 postdoctoral researcher will join our Warsash School of Maritime Science and Engineering.
Potential research areas for the eight postdoctoral researchers joining the Research, Innovation & Enterprise team include:
- Creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Creative and cultural industries
- Artificial intelligence and data-driven analytics and technologies
- Immersive and interactive technologies, including AR and VR
- Digital humanities
- Future of mobility
- Healthy ageing
- Clean growth including industrial sustainability and renewable energy; low carbon technology and innovative solutions; waste management and recycling; life cycle assessment; environmental accounting; and carbon foot printing
- Vulnerability mapping; emergency response; and adaptive interventions
Potential research areas for the one postdoctoral researcher joining the Warsash School of Maritime Science and Engineering include:
- The application of new technology in areas such as cybersecurity, communication and remote data analysis in the maritime industry
- Sustainability in the maritime industry including green energy sources; ship’s life and recycling; and environmental concerns affecting the industry
- Globalisation of the maritime industry and its workforce including shipboard employment and human resource management
Potential research areas for the one postdoctoral researcher joining the School of Sport Health and Social Science include:
- Child wellbeing andphysical activity with an emphasis on primary school settings
- Sport, equity and diversityincluding disability, gender, sexuality, ethnicity and migration, and the sociology of sport
- Exercise as medicine and the role of exercise in health promotion and intervention
For more information about these roles or for an informal discussion, please contact:
Director Research, Innovation & Enterprise
catherine.lee @ solent.ac.uk
Southampton Solent University offers an excellent benefits package. More Information.
We are committed to diversity and inclusivity.