We are looking for a candidate that will do a “co-tutelle” Ph.D. in behavioral finance with the University of Strasbourg, France, and the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB),Belgium, under the joint supervision of Profs. Anaïs Hamelin and Marie Pfiffelmann in Strasbourg and Prof. Ariane Szafarz in Brussels. The research program addresses the impact of behavioral biases on entrepreneurs’ financial decision making, both theoretically and empirically. A doctoral formation in management science will be part of the fellowship.
We offer a comfortable working environment in two top-level European research centers. The selected candidate will also participate to conferences, workshops and other scientific events.
The doctoral scholarship will provide the candidate with a financing during three years (with a gross salary of 1750€/month), starting on 01/12/2018.
To be considered for the position the candidate must fulfill one of the two following conditions:
- Holding a five-year Master’s Degree in business administration, Economics or a related discipline (300 ECTS), obtained at least with honours (distinction) delivered by a non-French university.
- Holding a five-year Master’s Degree in business administration, Economics or a related discipline (300 ECTS), obtained at least with honours (distinction) from the Université de Strasbourg and Bachelor’s Degree from a non-French university.
Applications must include:
- A full academic resume
- A copy of the Master diploma (including grades) or a letter indicating the expected defense date
- Official transcripts of records (undergraduate and graduate studies)
- A letter of motivation
- A three-page summary of the master’s thesis, including bibliography
- Academic references (at least one) with detailed contact data.
Please send your application to Professor Anaïs Hamelin (anais.hamelin[@]unistra.fr) before the 15th of October 2018.